• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Moose Horns (Towing Mirrors)

I wasn't in a hurry to get tow mirrors until someone referred to the little ones as hippo ears.  After that is was all I could think about when I saw them.  I have a set of the fancy lighted power fold 4th gens from 1AAuto.  My only complaint is that the fold controller in the passenger side quit working the first week I had them.  The mirrors come with one spare controller which was nice but I tried contacting customer service to get another spare and they don't sell them individually.  Now I only use the fold option when absolutely necessary. 

5 hours ago, Sycostang67 said:

I wasn't in a hurry to get tow mirrors until someone referred to the little ones as hippo ears.  After that is was all I could think about when I saw them.  I have a set of the fancy lighted power fold 4th gens from 1AAuto.  My only complaint is that the fold controller in the passenger side quit working the first week I had them.  The mirrors come with one spare controller which was nice but I tried contacting customer service to get another spare and they don't sell them individually.  Now I only use the fold option when absolutely necessary. 

How much were said mirrors? I bought my truck with the the tow mirrors, manual. I did like them but they were a pain to get adjusted. I broke one of them about 2 years after buying the truck and the replacement was $275 just for the manual mirrors. Needles to say I lived with the broken for a long time. The ones I have now came from 1aauto that cost about 150 bucks for the pair, power and heated. Not the best but much better than what I had. Got to replace them here in the near future and just curious.

Edited by dripley

What made you folks buy what you bought?  

Was your purchasing decision based upon price or reviews you read or what?

Within the next couple months I'm going to get some and I just can't figure out what would be the best for me.  

Edited by 015point9
Spelling

40 minutes ago, 015point9 said:

What made you folks buy what you bought?  

Within the next couple months I'm going to get some and I just can't figure out what would be the best for me.  

For me I just want to be fancy and different, and there are times when I really wish I could pull the Mirrors in for parking 

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, dripley said:

How much were said mirrors? I bought my truck with the the tow mirrors, manual. I did like them but they were a pain to get adjusted. I broke one of them about 2 years after buying the truck and the replacement was $275 just for the manual mirrors. Needles to say I lived with the broken for a long time. The ones I have now came from 1aauto that cost about 150 bucks for the pair, power and heated. Not the best but much better than what I had. Got to replace them here in the near future and just curious.

I paid about $400 for mine, but I sold my old ones for $200 which helped. 

On 5/31/2020 at 1:54 PM, 015point9 said:

Both, I got mine for 240 I believe from a1auto I think, reviews were ok and price too. I belive these https://www.1aauto.com/dodge-ram-1500-2500-3500-driver-and-passenger-side-4-piece-mirror-set/i/1amrp00917?f=575476&gclid=EAIaIQobChMInvrb1ujh6QIVDdbACh1_VgOTEAQYDSABEgLogfD_BwE maybe, they look slightly different on the little mirror part, but pretty much it. Now I'm thinking I should of gotten these https://www.1aauto.com/dodge-ram-1500-2500-3500-driver-and-passenger-side-4-piece-mirror-set/i/trmrp00054?f=1111808&gclid=EAIaIQobChMInvrb1ujh6QIVDdbACh1_VgOTEAQYBSABEgLCLPD_BwE  to have a bigger small morrow. I guess to each their own. 

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Staff

I ordered mine today, same ones @Mopar1973Man bought. Should be here Wednesday. We have a camping trip coming up in July so out of curiosity I backed up to the camper to plug in and check lights, looked in the mirror and couldn't see past the front corners. Time for the moose mirrors! Ordered the power/heated mirrors.

On another note, my driver side stock mirror heater does not work. Is there a way I could check for power while I have the mirror off for the moose swap?

• Owner
7 hours ago, Doubletrouble said:

On another note, my driver side stock mirror heater does not work.

Heater element on the mirror burned up. My OEM driver mirror also quit for heat function. After replacement the new works just fine. The element that heats the glass failed. 

Another note I understand why you see so many with the mirrors up position. In the down position you can get the passenger mirror in enough to even see the body of he truck. When you flip to vertical that problem is gone. The smaller fish eye mirrors are super nice. 

2 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Another note I understand why you see so many with the mirrors up position. In the down position you can get the passenger mirror in enough to even see the body of he truck. When you flip to vertical that problem is gone. The smaller fish eye mirrors are super nice. 

That’s strange. My passenger mirror adjusts just fine.