• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Fuel prices thread...

Ops

Oil speculators are killin us! Trying to see how much pain they can inflict before American consumers cut useage. I'm paying less for gas (truck is still in the shop)... because I'm staying home more days. I'm trying to combine trips & tasks in most economical order... but I've BEEN doing that for years.

Like saying to turn off electric lights when you leave the room... I was taught to do that in the 1950s (my age is showing). We always ran 60-75 w bulbs. Lights that stay on for long periods like stairways & halls were the first to get CFL bulbs. When we've already been doing that, what's left?

I hate to think what it'll cost to fuel my truck when I get it back. Letting the truck sit is false economy... bad things happen to vehicles that are not used. It's a PITA to move my stuff from one vehicle to another, but I try to drive the CTD one day a week, just to keep it exercised. This has been a good plan, since I started doing it.

• Owner

Well I'm with you Russ... :thumb1: I done a step more... As for electricity I got the inverter, batteries, solar, pelton wheel, etc... I must live within 30 amps of load. I've got no choice. We intenially set the limit on the inverter so we would cut back on power useage and love it. As for the vehicles I'm notices my fuel logs getting wider and wider time spans between fuel. 3-4 weeks before I get fuel for the Cummins. Then 2-3 months before I get fuel for the 96 Dodge gasser. But I keep looking for the way now to do more in a single run. Like friends of mine here we are getting trailers built up. I might get a 1 ton axle for my 8x8 trailer allowing me to haul closer to 2 cords on the trailer and 1 cord on the truck. My friend is also converting to a Dodge Cummins as a matter of fact he's buying Taz's turck (1 ton 2WD 92 Dodge Cummins). Both families need roughly 12-15 cords of wood and we are now looking to get as much wood in a single run.

HFH!!!

Danger Icon DANGER!
$4.099 here in NW Virginia.

I'm trying to get this BMW 525i on the road to help offset this fuel expense when I don't absolutely NEED to drive the truck..

That's a good idea! I'm contemplating on getting my honda running -- get that little VTEC roaring again. Fills up with like $30-40, which is way better than filling up a 34 gallon fuel tank at 4.099/Gal.

I just got my truck back from the shop. They did get it running & installed the AD150, big line & pickup. They told me they put 4 gallons in it (I think they scored 10 gallons on me when they dropped the tank). I took it to nearest fuel station & put in 32.5 gallons at $4.13 Had to swipe my CC twice to fill it. I used 2 containers of the TCW3 oil (I refill them a bit under a quart which is right for a typical fill up). I reset the overhead which has been right on. If flopping around a bit but seems to be indicating 18 (swings 17.8 to 18.2). Dang, that's as good as I get in the summer on highway! Does the AD 150 improve mpgs?

Double post but just in case some one doesn't read the other thread here it is again.

Hold onto your wallets because its going to be interesting from here on out.

Oil Crisis Just Got Real: Sinopec (Read China) Cuts Off Oil Exports

http://www.zerohedge.com/article/oil-crisis-just-got-real-sinpoec-cuts-oil-exports

BTW its 4.23 in Bismarck ND today.

Prices are crazy here. I've seen 4.11 (4.15, 4.25) to 4.29 on the same day. I bought gas for the Cirrus... trying to keep it in the top 1/4. I bought reg gas at 3.69, 3.71 across the street! Just crazy! I've cut my driving by half or more. These run away prices are sucking any income gains out of the economy.