• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Fuel prices thread...

Ops

Put $140 in my truck this morning and it wasn't even empty :spend:. I think they need to take all the oil exectutives, all gov't people letting the oil companies rule the pricing, and put them on an island way out in the middle of the ocean. Then tell all the United nations there are terrorists on that island that have been stealing from the rest of the world and trying to take it over...then blow it up like they do every other country, because that's exactly what they are dong..stealing from the rest of the people. And we sit like little puppets that can't do a damn thing about it :mad:

I got my truck running a few weeks ago and finally got to the end of that $2.95 tank of diesel that was still in it. I filled up at $3.93. The thing that now gets me is that gas was $3.85, 7 cents cheaper. What happened to being 30-40 cents cheaper? I don't know what is going on, but I like it. Now the gassers can't say anything about being cheaper. Unless they are getting like within .5mpg of me, they aren't cheaper. A guy at work raced me in his new chevy and I raced a couple duramax's and drove like a bat out of hell for a long time, only the last 3/8 tank was driven for mpg. After beating him on the street, I asked what mpg he got. He said 12. I just filled up the tank I raced him on and texted him 22.47mpg :lmao: That was even winter fuel from January that I finally burned up just today, 732 miles worth.

diesel is back to being cheaper than gas where im at 4.04 and 4.09 for gas. Its not much but its a start!:thumb1:

--- Update to the previous post...

I lied on my last post :lol: I drove by the station shortly after I posted that and to my happy suprise diesel went down to 3.94 and gas stayed the same. I like a 15 cent difference in my favor:hyper:

• Owner

Like my truck has been parked in the garage since Wedenday... Till yesterday I had to move the TT to mow the grass under it and desided to try and fix the leaking grey water knife valve... So since the toilet in the house broke I'l be heading to New Meadows, ID for the hardware store and to get a bit of fuel and tell you what happening for price... Except it to be :spend:...

Shell is running $4.13 here, but prices go up to $4.21 depending on how far into the city I drive. Highway stations that service big rigs are the worst. They know the tractor trailers can't get into any of the smaller stations so they raise their prices knowing there is no way around it. Gasoline on the other hand is $3.77 per gallon for 85 octane.Funny thing is family members have told me I am stupid for continuing to drive my Ram with the cost of diesel. My V6 Dodge Dakota has been getting 12-13mpg highway (needs work) and the Ram a solid 19mpg. Do the math and it costs me $0.29 per mile to drive the Dakota and about $0.22 a mile to drive the Ram. Even if my Dakota was pulling the advertised 15mpg highway it is suppose to it would cost about $0.25 a mile. So the Ram would still win.Now if only I had a 4bt Cummins to slap under the hood of the Dakota. I would have an awesome go anywhere truck that would be economical to. :thumb1:

• Owner

Shell is running $4.13 here, but prices go up to $4.21 depending on how far into the city I drive. Highway stations that service big rigs are the worst. They know the tractor trailers can't get into any of the smaller stations so they raise their prices knowing there is no way around it. Gasoline on the other hand is $3.77 per gallon for 85 octane. Funny thing is family members have told me I am stupid for continuing to drive my Ram with the cost of diesel. My V6 Dodge Dakota has been getting 12-13mpg highway (needs work) and the Ram a solid 19mpg. Do the math and it costs me $0.29 per mile to drive the Dakota and about $0.22 a mile to drive the Ram. Even if my Dakota was pulling the advertised 15mpg highway it is suppose to it would cost about $0.25 a mile. So the Ram would still win. Now if only I had a 4bt Cummins to slap under the hood of the Dakota. I would have an awesome go anywhere truck that would be economical to. :thumb1:

I've heard the same thing... :lmao::lmao2: But when Mom's 1996 Dodge Ram gets 12-14 MPG (442 Miles) and the 2002 Dodge Ram (Cummins) gets 21-23 MPG (770 miles to tank) hard to compete... :nono: My buddy (Relentless70) he's been driving gassers for years now that he's bought a diesel there is no comparing to gas... He told me he'll never drive a gasser ever again. As a matter of fact he hauled his old Dodge Power Wagon to the scrap yard and had it crushed. (No Kidding! :stuned:)