• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Morning Pic For Today...........Post A Pic around your place.....

JAG1

2 hours ago, JAG1 said:

Annetts' Mono Viilage 14 miles East of Bridgeport, always before school gets out and always after schools back in session. I hope this fall our trip for October will be the later part of October. Cool nites and nice days. Trying to talk IBMobile into this as we speak.:pray::thumb1:

That might be doable!

On 7/11/2018 at 10:48 AM, IBMobile said:

Nice.  The middle of nowhere, doing nothing, between Nirvana and .La La Land.

That camper looks some what like @JAG1's.

@JAG1 what kind of camper do you have?  This one is 1990 Bigfoot.  Needs a bit of love, but she's solid and everything works.  Interior is super clean!

• Staff
19 hours ago, leety said:

That might be doable!

@JAG1 what kind of camper do you have?  This one is 1990 Bigfoot.  Needs a bit of love, but she's solid and everything works.  Interior is super clean!

Mine is a Northern Lite sort of in the same family being that its fiberglass clam shell construction like BigFoot. Pre 1996 BF's were built better.

Just now, JAG1 said:

Mine is a Northern Lite sort of in the same family being that its fiberglass clam shell construction like BigFoot. Pre 1996 BF's were built better.

The one I just picked up is a BF 1990.  I like the build quality so far.  Needs a bit of love and attention, but she's solid overall.  Only weighs 1800#

• Staff

Mine weights 2275, about the most you would ever want on a SRW truck.

Your lucky to find that camper since I've seen some failures with BF and Northern Lite. Notice the aluminum plates on the side of mine in the Pick above? That is because the fiberglass went loose and bulged two bubbles on each side from the weight of the cab over. The two plates on either side squeezes them back in. Had to place an oak wall inside for backing to squeeze them in. Looks nice anyhow.

Good thing is, it never showed up for 14 years :thumb1:

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, JAG1 said:

Mine weights 2275, about the most you would ever want on a SRW truck.

Your lucky to find that camper since I've seen some failures with BF and Northern Lite. Notice the aluminum plates on the side of mine in the Pick above? That is because the fiberglass went loose and bulged two bubbles on each side from the weight of the cab over. The two plates on either side squeezes them back in. Had to place an oak wall inside for backing to squeeze them in. Looks nice anyhow.

Good thing is, it never showed up for 14 years :thumb1:

I'm not seeing the pix of that.  There's a slight glitch in mine in that area that I need to look into.

• Staff
22 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

@JAG1 been bugging me to fix his A/C on his truck.

Yes even if for a short visit, but plans get thrown about with a recent death in the family. 3 days ride down south to the funeral. I refuse to fly anymore.

2 hours ago, leety said:

I'm not seeing the pix of that.  There's a slight glitch in mine in that area that I need to look into.

I'm sorry Leety... it's under a different thread and can't find it. IBMobile can you rescue me and show pics of our trucks when you can? Thank you.

• Like 1

• Staff

IBM, you are the best. I don't care what anyone says about you neither. Thanks :thumb1:

Thats at the camp too Leety

12 hours ago, leety said:

Ah I see.  Good fix.  How did you attach it?  I'm guessing a sandwich with the oak as you mentioned earlier.

Yes, using Sikka Flex adhesive caulk on the mating surface and all thru bolts, bolt holes. I let it sit for a week with supports holding the cab over to let if fully cure. Cabover and bed inside has a more solid feel.

We usually have other folks who drop by for a few days with us too. Everyone is good types of folks and good company. You are very welcome to join.:thumb1: 

Edited by JAG1
  • Like 1

On ‎6‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 8:28 PM, Ben said:

I know the feeling.  

0955EB30-4201-4B7C-90C8-CF367DF0B2F6.jpeg.ae98abc252762b78a0219519e77073e7.jpeg

I could have used that bar. An older pic. but fits in with the firewood topic. All bucked with an early 80's Echo 660 EVL, Loaded with a 1958 Ferguson TO35, and hauled with a 95 PSD. Sorry, it's what I had at the time. Got the flatbed after that and often wonder why I didn't do it sooner.

P002193.JPG

P002195.JPG

P002198.JPG

PHOT0156.JPG

PHOT0154.JPG

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, 01cummins4ever said:

What did you use to split those

A sledge and a wedge from HF that has a twist in it. Split them into 4 or 6 chunks and then into the hyd. splitter. The smaller ~30" ones I set the splitter up and roll them under with a cant hook. HF doesn't sell those edges anymore so I'm not sure what I'll do next time. I bought 2 and nearly have the second one wore out.

25 minutes ago, JAG1 said:

That's some amazing sized Oak. IBMobile will be over there next week with his 12 ounce hatchet :thumb1:

You win the prize @JAG1. I didn't think any west coasters knew what white oak is.

It took quite a few 12 ouncers by the end of that day. 16's would have been better.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I cut wood every year to heat my house.  We head out every time thinking, we'll get the smaller trees because they're easier to handle and cut.  Then for whatever reason the trailer is full of round 30" or larger...  Its like the trees grow in size as soon as you cut them down. :think:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, KATOOM said:

I cut wood every year to heat my house.  We head out every time thinking, we'll get the smaller trees because they're easier to handle and cut.  Then for whatever reason the trailer is full of round 30" or larger...  Its like the trees grow in size as soon as you cut them down. :think:

And have 3x as many branches...………………….

• Staff

I have a friend that says he's getting too old to take care of his place and wants a smaller place. Well it's a 5 acre place in hay fields and beautiful landscaping, but he's terribly afraid of bad neighbors in a subdivision situation. He's heard horror stories. I told him to buy another 5 acre private place that is just woodland and let the wild animals take care of it.

There is not a lot you have to do except keep the grass cut around the house and leave it at that for the most part. So yes I appreciate the lite work load of having woods like you Dave.

This year we rented a man lift (55ft.) and cut all the widow maker branches off. Some up to 6-7 inch diameter that broke as soon as the chainsaw just touched them :stuned:, but now there is about two cords of branch wood there with no splitting required.

Edited by JAG1

• 2 weeks later...

Yesterday traveling back to New Mexico. Severe thunderstorms, hail and winds along with a couple tornado warnings! I hope @TFaoro, @trreed, @CSM,@Me78569 and all other Colorado members all we're safe and their truck are ok. I'm thankful I was stuck in traffic so the brunt of the storm could pass ahead of me. 

IMG_4465.JPG

Edited by BBHD
Verbage
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, BBHD said:

Yesterday traveling back to New Mexico. Severe thunderstorms, hail and winds along with a couple tornado warnings! I hope @TFaoro, @trreed, @CSM,@Me78569 and all other Colorado members all we're safe and their truck are ok. I'm thankful I was stuck in traffic so the brunt of the storm could pass ahead of me. 

IMG_4465.JPG

Looks like you did not miss the hail by much.