• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Fuel prices thread...

Ops

I haven't been paying attention to diesel since I have been driving a gasser while I play with mine. I did happen to realize it all today. I looked at all the prices and holy hell, $3.70 for diesel. It was $3.00 last time I looked, maybe a month ago. Didn't realize it was rising that fast.

Just went up again... $4.259 in New Meadows, ID now... :duh:

Ya know Mike, you used to get what, 17mpg, and were fine with it because of excuses you thought to be true with winter and you complained about fuel prices then. Now you get 23.5mpg because of the fooler. If I calculate it out, in comparison to what mpg you got before (17), the $4.259 is actually only $3.081. So now what do you have to complain about :lmao::moon:

• Owner

Because I know that going to wash away to 10-12 MPG dragging the trailer around...:duh: Or wash away to 14-15 dragging the wood trailer around... Trailer season is coming for me like it or not. Either going be hauling 2 cords of firewood or be hauling the other travel trailer around. Now figure again... :spend:

Because I know that going to wash away to 10-12 MPG dragging the trailer around...:duh: Or wash away to 14-15 dragging the wood trailer around... Trailer season is coming for me like it or not. Either going be hauling 2 cords of firewood or be hauling the other travel trailer around. Now figure again... :spend:

I get 17 pulling our trailer around at 70 and never letting off. Time for you to learn how to fool for trailer towing :cool: If I, a person with a 12V, can figure out how to get you from 17-23.5, then you, a person with the 24V, can figure out how to get the trailer mileage up as well. A semi truck with 80k gets lets say 6. Using that logic we can say your truck and trailer with a combined weight of, hmm was it 15,000 or so, that works out to 32mpg. Might be a little off with that but I tried it several ways and it was always 32. Still there are DT466 out there pulling a ton getting 13mpg so there is definitely room for improvement with our trucks.

• 4 weeks later...