• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Truck stolen

Thank you to all of you for keeping your eyes peeled and searching Craigslist. 

I've been searching Craigslist myself and haven't found anything. Now that I have another car I will be driving around as much as possible to try and find it. 

For those curious, the criminals that stole it managed to pry on the rear window until the latch that holds the window closed broke the window. Funny thing, the window was still mostly intact, and and they left the window behind. Crime scene investigators were able to pull fingerprints and DNA from the from the window, so I have a bit of hope there. 

Again, thank you to all. Not only is this a massive financial loss, but the truck has irreplaceable sentimental value to me. My dad and I have done almost everything on it together, and this is hitting him pretty hard as well.  I'll let everyone know if something turns up. 

• Like 4

Sux for sure. There are an increasing number of thefts in my area the last couple years as well and on local forums and other forums I am on seems to be happening more all over the place.

Has been a number of topics about different GPS and or tracking devices to add to vehicles and other things to be able to track them if this happens and one unit that came up can be purchased at outdoor stores and looks to be about the easiest and most cost effective approach to add a bit of security to things of value.

http://www.findmespot.com/en/index.php?cid=109&utm_source=direct&utm_medium=website&utm_campaign=trace

there is also this company.

http://www.goldstargps.com/

I am thinking about adding one of these systems to my trailers as they seems to be one of the hottest pieces of iron to be stolen.

Edited by Wild and Free
  • Like 1

Sorry for your loss I feel your pain it was my father and I that restored the body of my truck and can not describe the level of anger I have for punks like this.

I will keep my eyes peeled and I will contact my retired uncle in Colorado Springs he travels all over out there hiking and going to parks.

As a notice to others in the forum pre emissions diesel trucks in good shape like ours are becoming the most stolen vehicle in the US.   Straight from the investigators mouth that was trying to find my stolen roommates car.

It's unknown why these are so popular among thieves. All I know is 4 friends trucks were stolen out this way (south east Wisconsin)3 Duramax's and a Cummins

mine is getting an alarm next week and a fuel pump dead switch 

I will have a write up on the pump switch

Edited by WiscoRedkneck
  • Like 2

Thank you for contacting him. The more eyes in the area the better. 

To those who live in the city (let me note I absolutely hate the city and am only here for school) do yourself a favor and get an alarm system along with another way or two to disable the truck.

• Like 2

@TFaoro, sorry to hear about the truck.  It's too bad that these things happen, I'll keep my eyes open on classified sections in my area.  Situations like this sure make me paranoid.  My truck would be pretty easy to steal, I have two spare keys inside it...I may need to rethink that and come up with a switch that would make it more difficult to start up and drive off with. 

@Hawkez keys are easy earth magnet or wire tie that pig inside a boxed section of frame.  Then you always have a spare and I don't think even you guys looking for it could find it in less than two hours....

And power interruption switches on starter relay or solenoid and fuel pump that's my goal I will have a detailed write up on my attempt and hopeful success, I can wire a class A coach so I think I handle this....

• Like 1

@WiscoRedkneck I would be very interested in seeing that write up on power interruption switches....I don't think my truck looks all that nice, but if thefts of these things are getting that common maybe I should do something like this. I have enough into it that it's worth way more to me than insurance would pay for it. Main thing is to keep it clean and easily reversible if you ever need to take the switch back out.

Those are awesome ideas Mike! I was thinking of making my heated mirror button into a start enabler since my mirrors don't work. That way you have to hit the button and turn the key at the same time.  Then it would be totally hidden. Or better yet get the trim from a truck with power seats and wire in something with the seat buttons....I really like the idea with the horn though. Do you happen to have pics or a write up on how to do the things you mentioned? I'm still a novice when it comes to auto wiring....

Edited by leathermaneod

Wtf, people and stealing these pickups !! That sucks!! Sorry man! I really hope you get it back!! I'm heading down to Utah Friday from my place up here in north Idaho, I'm going to keep a eye out for it on the way down and up!! 

Edited by fuze24v
  • Like 1

My neighbors truck was stolen 2 years ago, about a week after it was stolen I saw it making a turn about 4 blocks from where it was taken.  

I  called the police, and followed them until they started to drive dumb and speed in a school zone with kids all around.  They ditched the truck a few minutes later in a residental neighborhood and the cops showed up 5 minutes later.  

• Like 2

I don't understand why people would want a 18 year old pickup, I realize the aftermarket part of it, but that's even easier to get caught with that stuff. Scrap metal? Motor? Either way, it's just not right. We work for what we want, and then to have someone come by and take it... I swear if anyone was to even step foot around mine and looked at it wrong, they would have a 17 Glock in there face. I really want to put a dead man switch in mine just for a peice of mind, 

@TFaoro my eyes are open around here, Craigslist, and around Utah when I go down 

• Like 1