• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Shirts?

Mopar1973Man

Shirts, Would You Buy?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. If I was to have shirts made up with the site logo would you buy?

• Yes.
    • No.

• Owner

Hey Gang.

I'm thinking of producing shirts for the store. Basically looking at doing the site name and a vector picture on the front. I'm wondering how many people would be interested in buying shirts? I want to look into doing hoodies and possibly a long sleeved shirt as well. First I need to know if this is a good idea or not? I'm not going to invest a bunch of effort for small amount of sales. 

Feedback welcomed...

• Like 1

• Owner

Only 2 people isn't hardly worth the effort for getting the artwork made. We need more people come on people vote. :cheerleader:

Last time when I sat down and got a quote from the gal that made my first shirt. The creating the vector artwork alone was close to $50 to $70 bucks. That is one part of this project I've got do too is find a good picture of a truck to use for the vector art. (Another post).  I got to find out what options of shirts, hoodies, etc. we have to work from.

• Staff

I just have one vote so it's whatever all you others like, but, I like a small logo on front left or right side. Cost less if small and simple. I always need long sleeve shirts cause elbows hurt in cold.

• Like 1

Problem is inventory. S,m,l,xl,xxl,xxxl. 6 sizes. You could just do large and extra large, but they won't fit me...3x for me. Hats are one size fits all. 

I've got a kid here that does some kind of heat transfer and can do onesies, but he charges like $10 a shirt for one color. They hold up good too. 

Edited by joecool911

• Owner

Keep coming... 4 isn't many so far... 

13 minutes ago, joecool911 said:

Problem is inventory. S,m,l,xl,xxl,xxxl. 6 sizes. You could just do large and extra large, but they won't fit me...3x for me. Hats are one size fits all. 

That's what I'm looking at. I want enough votes and people wanting to buy shirts that I can actually buy a good inventory of shirts and be able to sell some right off but then only order what is selling strong. I'm wanting to have tee-shirts, long sleeved shirts, and possibly a hoodie. This is dreaming big but gotta start somewhere. Between the initial vector artwork, purchasing the shirts, and getting printed it can get rather pricey fast. That's why I'm looking for number of votes first. Because there is no sense in investing into the artwork and only printing a few shirts. 

Like @JAG1 did the stainless badges and I still haven't sold the 10 he had made 2 years ago.

Like I had 10 of both size stickers made still can't get them sold either after one year...

So you can see why I'm looking for votes...

Edited by Mopar1973Man

• Staff

I'll take three long sleevers also but the problem is I need medium size. So what to do?

When I look in the stores, medium size is sold out a lot of times, with Large and extra large still hanging on the rack.

• Staff

Okay I'll take more then but right now the clams are almost extinct. With Christmas, bad weather, truck repairs,  3 clients needing a break.......

Actually it's getting back to normal somewhat now and will take more short sleevers too and I like smaller less expensive logo too.

Edited by JAG1

If you want my most honest opinion Mike.....  Dont do it.  You'll spend money you'll never recoup.  The percentage of people who will ever want a shirt or sticker are just as you're seeing respond.  Thats not to say I wouldnt want one hanging in my closet either but in reality thats all it would do as I've got enough crap already in my closet.  Shirts, hoodies, hats, and stuff I never wear simply because I'm working and I've outgrown the "I'll wear whatever I want" stage in life keeping me from grabbing the "I'd rather be Cummins than Stroking" shirt.  I care about my wifes public dignity.....  When I see adult(ish) people wearing goofy shirts like this with all kinds of branding and symbols on them and the first thing I think about is, I need to get out of this stupid town.....

Same goes for stickers.  A gigantic "C" on my window isnt going to make me any more proud and the pissing on something fellow is just overdone by everyone making their statement.

So with that said, I like you and I like your site and I like my truck.....a lot, but my advise is dont dump any more money into this.  Worry about Moparmom and spend your life spending your money on her. :thumbup2:

• Like 3