• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

What NV5600 fluids are yall running?

Don't have to warranty any NV4500 or NV5600's. Seriously think they care? As far as the G56 there are lots of mixed reviews on what oil "should" be in them. Seems I've read where Mercedes and Chrysler don't see eye to eye on that one. But I like my old second gens and will cross the G56 bridge another day.

• Like 1

• Staff

G56 has always been ATF+4 from Dodge/Ram and GL-4 from MB. So nothing has changed there since it’s release. 

NV-5600 only gets ATF+4 recently from Dodge, LONG after any warranty period. Dealerships don’t care much about longevity after the warranty expires.

What is a fact is that NV-4500’s and NV-5600 use different synchros from the factory. This is why they use different fluids. 

Also, don’t be fooled by the “cheaper” Delvac 50wt. I can get the proper Amsoil fluid as cheap or cheaper. 

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, dripley said:

I have had no issues with the penzoil. Not knocking the Amsoil, I am sure it ois good product also. 

I never did either but the Redline oil works soooooooooo much better.  

44 minutes ago, dripley said:

Than what? Penzoil and Amsoil?

I was referring to the Pennzoil.  The Amsoil MTF works well also.  I am using it in my NV5600 mixed 50/50 with SAE 50 synthetic transmission oil.  

I have used the Pennzoil Synchromesh for the life of my NV5600 transmission - 308,000 miles so far.  It has never had any shifting problems and has never been disassembled.  I have replaced the rear shaft seal at 268,000 miles.

I used this oil only because when the truck was new, synchromesh oil was required.  Since it has worked well, I never tried anything else.

- John

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Stanley said:

It would probably work but it is somewhat light weight. Hydraulic oil #32 is about 10wt, 46 is 20wt and 68 is 30wt. I see it is rated between 46-68.

• 1 month later...

My 5600 was redone by Cody at superstick transmissions. He recommended 50wt oil which I tried but had horrible grinding issues. After many trials through many fluids I'm on amsoil synchromesh now and it's butter. With the transmission coolers installed I'm running 10 quarts. 

Stanley.

I wouldnt be afraid to run it.

I've ran tractor transmission in my 47re with good results. My transfercase and front and rear diff..

My truck ticked over 300k yesterday. In the last 150k its seen lots of tractor fluid.

FWIW, my civic uses synchromesh or Honda MTF, the manual also states it can run on 10w-30 but it's not recommended. I'd run synchromesh no matter who makes it and nothing else. I personally use amsoil, you can get it wholesale if you pay a few $$ for the discount. Luckily they have a warehouse in Lancaster a little over an hour from me.

On 5/23/2019 at 8:20 PM, kzimmer said:

You lost me at paying for a discount.

You can pay 10 bucks or something like that a year to get preferred customer discount and get it much cheaper, or become a dealer yourself for like 20. If you use a lot of it it's worth it, even if you buy enough a year worth. I did it few years back and now I'm trying something else that is made locally  (Cen-Pe-Co) got enough for one more oil change, then I'm planning on going back to amsoil. May become a dealer this time, don't know yet. 

9 hours ago, Dieselfuture said:

You can pay 10 bucks or something like that a year to get preferred customer discount and get it much cheaper, or become a dealer yourself for like 20. If you use a lot of it it's worth it, even if you buy enough a year worth. I did it few years back and now I'm trying something else that is made locally  (Cen-Pe-Co) got enough for one more oil change, then I'm planning on going back to amsoil. May become a dealer this time, don't know yet. 

I know, I was kind of being sarcastic. I don't believe in paying a company money for the right to purchase their product, when there are plenty of other good quality products out there that I can buy normally.

• Like 1