• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

coronavirus protection

IBMobile

• Owner

Like I know so far because Eileen has friends in the hospital down in Boise and few other cities. There still no cases of COVID-19 hospitalized yet. What I think is going on is anyone with fever and a cough is being sent home to self isolate. Actual amount of COVID-19 cases on ventilators here is near zero for what I know. 

I just went to Clarkston, WA. There is TP and all the shelves are filled. The only thing we did not find is sanitizing wipes and rubbing alcohol. No problem for food and TP for sure. Price of fuel is much lower than Riggins, ID just what we saved in food cost and cannabis cost we paid for fuel in her Hyundai which we only needed $26 dollars and came home nearly full of fuel. Unleaded $2.359...

My previous trip with the truck I went o Eileen's storage and managed to get most of the boxes out of there and just left with big furniture pieces. Tables chairs, couch, china hutch, etc. Hoping to cut another 50 a month off the monthly bills. 

Now I'm going to fix my truck today and install a new window motor on the passenger side. Then hitch up the RV and we are going camping down by Slate Creek USFS. This will give me a small break from the house (reminders of Mom) and work. 

• Staff
7 minutes ago, The_Hammer said:

@Mopar1973Man What’s going on with your mom?

She went to be with her friends in Heaven. Passed away from complications with her kidneys, no longer able to benefit from the dialysis treatment. She was a sweet lady and had the priviledge of spending a week with her. She was very faithful to our Lord and a very cool real lady.

• Sad 3

• Owner
22 minutes ago, The_Hammer said:

@Mopar1973Man What’s going on with your mom?

Mom passed away back in Feb. 22, 2020. Rest in peace Mom...

Now I've got the pack up all of Mom's stuff and get rid of it. Not like I can wear her cloths or use her personal stuff. Makes the confinement her bad for me. Like Breck and Jacob came out (Eileen's Son and Wife) and Eileen is giving Mom's clothes away. Makes it hard on me when another person is wearing Mom's clothes and comes popping back out to model them. Hence, why I'm getting out of the house for short time to get my head screwed back on right. 

There is so much I want to do to get rid of the constant reminders but can't... I need to sell furniture and other large stuff. I don't want to bring COVID-19 in the house with a bunch of people wanting to look at furniture. Project on HOLD. There is a lot I want to do but for safety sake I'm not. Basically, if I got the COVID-19 it would ruin me. I'm still paying my cancer treatments yet still got $17,000 left to go. If I wound up in the hospital I would lose my home for sure. Hence why I'm not working right now. Risk is too great for me.

COVID-19 is real I won't doubt that... The medical system is wiped out right now. Like Eileen doctor doesn't want here to come down to Boise for any treatment for her pancreas. Even just refilling meds scripts she is going to do it over a video chat on the phone. Again the doctor doesn't want Eileen down there. 

There is a few jobs around here to do, but it won't be long I'd be out of a job. Not to mention having to drive a long distance for parts and lag time to handle protecting yourself, get in the store, get the stuff, sanitize your hands, drive home, sanitize the vehicle your working on (steering wheel, door handles, etc.) do the work, sanitize yourself again. Big pain in the tail right now. We are limited on hand sanitizer and sanitizer wipes.

So... I dump the stress of all this just go camping and wait it out. Then fire back up and be ready and recharged for coming back to function.      

8 minutes ago, JAG1 said:

She went to be with her friends in Heaven. Passed away from complications with her kidneys, no longer able to benefit from the dialysis treatment. She was a sweet lady and had the priviledge of spending a week with her. She was very faithful to our Lord and a very cool real lady.

Blood flow issues to her legs (need to amputate both legs above the knees)

Dementia (Moderate, very forgetful)

Skin Cancer on her body in 3 places

Gangrene left big toe (from the blood flow issues in her legs)

Stage 4 kidney failure and renal failure

Sleeping 20 plus hours a day (part of the dementia)

She would never survived the 30 hour surgery to amputate her legs, she would of never survived the rehab, she would of never remembered to take meds and do rehab therapy. The doctors all agreed was to let her go. Take her off dialysis and let her pass. 

That was the other thing I wanted to do but the COVID-19 screwed me again. Was I wanted to have a memorial for Mom this late spring. I was going to invite any of the forum members to come. Again another thing on HOLD...  

Edited by Mopar1973Man
  • Sad 1

• Staff
4 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Like I know so far because Eileen has friends in the hospital down in Boise and few other cities. There still no cases of COVID-19 hospitalized yet. What I think is going on is anyone with fever and a cough is being sent home to self isolate. Actual amount of COVID-19 cases on ventilators here is near zero for what I know 

There are most certainly people hospitalized in Boise that have tested positive. Not many but there are some. I have a friend working directly with them. 

The vast majority of patients are at home thou. 

Guess I will found what it is like back home. The owners of my project has shut my job down. There not talking to us alot at the moment so we are not positive why. The virus has been mentioned but they owe us a lot of money and the not communicating is causing some uneasyness with everyone. So I am packing and returning materials as fast as I can. Then will head back NC. I even have travel documents showing I am an essential worker traveling. We will see how it goes.

• Sad 3

1 hour ago, Doubletrouble said:

Good luck dripley, hopefully they are not going to with hold pay from you or your crew. 

We can only hope. I will get my pay but its my subs that will get hurt for a while until we can we can work it out. Me I could go home for a while and be fine. But I know all of these guys that did the work for me. Great people and I know it is not going to be good in the end unless the owner comes thru. I want to hope we are dealing with honorable people but they dont seem to act that way.

• Staff
33 minutes ago, dripley said:

We can only hope. I will get my pay but its my subs that will get hurt for a while until we can we can work it out. Me I could go home for a while and be fine. But I know all of these guys that did the work for me. Great people and I know it is not going to be good in the end unless the owner comes thru. I want to hope we are dealing with honorable people but they dont seem to act that way.

When they don't come out and say one way or the other if everyone is getting paid that's bad. When they come right out with it and say a solid yes everyone will get their pay, that's good. I hope you guys get what you deserve. Constn work is so hard and highly skilled.

IMO, we've gotten to the point where the cure is now worse than the disease.

Here in MN, the last few years kids have started to get days off for it being "too cold for the kids"...maybe dress the properly...this reaction will now be the norm for anything in the future.

Edited by PilotHouse2500

14 hours ago, JAG1 said:

When they don't come out and say one way or the other if everyone is getting paid that's bad. When they come right out with it and say a solid yes everyone will get their pay, that's good. I hope you guys get what you deserve. Constn work is so hard and highly skilled.

Thats the problem. Their CEO is not talking to us at the moment and a check is in the mail for maybe 30% of whats owed. The mail has jot run yet and the CEO has not called either. That does not bode well. Hopefully they man up and call and the check shows up. 

• Staff

If I was the CEO I'd keep the job going. This situation we are in ain't permanent and there is no better time than to make progress right now with low traffic availability of subs and workers..... It's primo time to get the hell going on it. :thumb1: Pisses me off these gutless people that can't take a little ripple in the economy. Now is the time to go.

Edited by JAG1
  • Like 1

All of that is very true and we had alot of momentum going. Now it will take a lot to get that back if we start again. At least a couple weeks just to get back where we were Wednesday. And if they are broke that will be another story.

• Staff
5 hours ago, dripley said:

All of that is very true and we had alot of momentum going. Now it will take a lot to get that back if we start again. At least a couple weeks just to get back where we were Wednesday. And if they are broke that will be another story.

Last bad recession one family was buying land and real estate having me do lots of work. Material prices were low and sub were hurting for work. They kept me going for 5 years solid. They knew what they were doing. Very smart people.

1 hour ago, JAG1 said:

Last bad recession one family was buying land and real estate having me do lots of work. Material prices were low and sub were hurting for work. They kept me going for 5 years solid. They knew what they were doing. Very smart people.

The company I work is just as smart. 22 years and never missed a paycheck. The only time I saw any cut pay was the great recession. We only lost our job bonus but still got a bit of a Christmas bonus. They even still paid for my fuel. The owners took a bigger cut in pay than I did percentage wise and took care of all there employees. many years back the company got in world poop by growing to fast. These same owners hocked there houses and put the money back into the company and kept it alive when many would have just closed the doors and moved on. I have the utmost respect for them. They know that you cant be successful with out good help;

OK, enough of the praises of WHB, its a great company. The folks that shut our job down just did it out of the blue with no discussion with us. We are sitting about $700k in the hole with no communication with them. They did finally talk to our VP and CFO and evidently made some headway. So I am going back to help close the job down for now. Not sure what is in the future for starting it back. Again, we shall see.

• Sad 1