• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Morning Pic For Today...........Post A Pic around your place.....

JAG1

7 hours ago, JAG1 said:

Jolsen , change that plug out to a new one, but go to an electrical supply house that can can inform you about the least problematic GFI.

In the old days of working in the rain in construction, there weren't any GFI. You could turn on that Skilsaw and if you felt electricity in your elbow and knee it was time to go home. Never got hurt fortunately.

Fuze24,

here is a pic of my 1st gen. Flat bed truck. Been using this truck every work day for over 20 years.

IMG_0623.JPG

We used to wait until the electricity arched to the ground before we quit. Nothing like a old metal cased Skil Saw on a 2 prong cord to light up your life.

• Like 1

• Staff

thanks notlimah, I have some folks wanting to buy it... standing offer sort of thing, but, it's been real good to us with the 5 spd trans and limited slip 355 differential gears. :doh: Oh there I go bragging again. Dripley  zap me with that bad cord you got will ya!:poke:

On the job once and someone had a cord run out the back door of the restaurant we were building. Hollow metal door, The door closed on the cord and evidently cut into the cord and caught the hot wire. I walked up to it and grabbed it to go in and it grabbed me back. Exciting to say the least. 

Nice truck @jag  . My second gen is turning into your 1st gen. Not sure I will ever part with it. 

• Staff
3 hours ago, JAG1 said:

It's like selling a family member being around so long and reliable. I can't do it, that's for sure.

I had car from 1984-2006 and drove it over 470,000 mi.  In the end the trans leaked like a sieve and the J-type overdrive didn't work when hot, not worth fixing, donated it and did look back.         

To me a vehicle is nothing more than a tool to go from point A to point B with dependability, safety, some comfort and economy.  Once it costs more to fix than what it's worth or the parts become unattainable it's history.  

Older photograph but it was taken around my place!  My first truck....never should have sold it.  One owner 1997 K1500 with 72K miles on it when sold.  I always get sad when I think about it...owner is 45 minutes away (assuming he still has it).  Sold it back in the winter of 2010.  :(...i may shed a tear now.  

The second photo are my four previous children.  98 Chev. K3500, 2004 TJ, 2010 JK, and now my second gen. is my fifth.  Not posted is my 2003 Nissan Altima...166K and going!  

IMG_0478.JPG

IMG_1605.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Things got a little chilly and SNOWY around these parts! Being that we're surround by water, snow is pretty rare around these parts so it was exciting to look out the front window last night to see it falling! Even more surprised to wake up to things still covered!

IMG_4387.JPG

IMG_4392.JPG

1 hour ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Just dealing with frozen fuel filter out here with -10*F weather. This is a small tractor I was working on that wouldn't start. No matter how much anti-gel you dump in the tank there is nothing it will do for frozen water.

1208161440a.jpg

I try to clean my tractor fuel tank once a year or so just because of that. With supply line comming directly from bottom of tank you know where any water is going to end up.