• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

coronavirus protection

IBMobile

• Owner

Small solar system can do a bunch. Like I said the RV is just a mere 45w panel set (3 panels of 15w a piece). Then the main house is a 400w panel set (8 panels of 50w a piece). Depends on how fast your recovery time will be. 

Main house is 24 volts system at 400w is 16.6 amp charge rate, inverter is 4,000w at 120 VAC which is a 166.6 amp draw on 24 volt or 33.3 Amps at 120 VAC. 820 amp hours of power. 

RV is 12 volt system at 45w is a 3.75 amp charge rate. Inverter is 1,200w at 120 VAC which 100 amp draw on 12 volt or 10 amp at 120 VAC. This system could us a 6V battery upgrade, more capacity amp/hr wise.

Kind of made a programming mistake and caught the inverter in a constant inverting mode and ran the batteries to the cutout limit and the entire house shutdown and went black. Opps. Fixed my programming and back to working right again.

On 3/19/2020 at 8:31 AM, Doubletrouble said:

Ok, back on track.

A piece of good news, I heard on the radio yesterday that Amazon will be hiring 4600 people in Ohio because of the recent surge in online ordering. The jobs may be temporary, not sure but it will help some of the displaced workers through all of this.

I'm sure some of the jobs will turn into permanent since they are building a large Amazon distribution center just south of the Toledo area. Some of those jobs may transfer into the new facility when it's up and running.

Same here in UK ..... amazon hiring people in the 1000's

As of today... 20th we're being told our health service will be prioritizing who gets to be on a ventilator... certain people who dont get on ventilators or oxygen replacement machines will die. 

We have been warned this will happen by the Italian gov

Edited by wil440

• Staff

I am afraid of a recession. A lot of poor contractors in the past lost their homes and 401K. I don't want to see that again. That was terrible times last go round.

Pray that the virus burns itself out, goes away quickly. We don't need to see folks going poor again, it was horrible some of the stories and guys just begging for work everywhere. 

• Like 3

17 hours ago, AH64ID said:

I went to the downtown Winco yesterday. They are only out of paper products, and some bulk stuff..rice/flour/ some beans. 

Plenty of other food, meat, fresh produce, beer, wine, etc. the store looked mostly normal and wasn’t very crowded. 

I also went to Costco for some moonglow juniper bushes and they weren’t busy. Most things in stock. 

Food is likely to not be an issue now that the initial panic is over. 

That's good to know, we may hit a store or two on Monday just to keep things topped off in case they lock us in like other places. 

Mike I dont think you need to go anywhere noone drives passed McCall anyways 

Yesterday I got wire and tips for my welder some flap disc and cutting wheels

I don't have any food in house and two rolls of toilet paper.  But I'll sure as hell be working on my jeep 

• Like 1

• Owner
15 minutes ago, Evan said:

Mike I dont think you need to go anywhere noone drives passed McCall anyways 

Yes I do. My girlfriend (or possible wife) can't be on high carbs because of the pancreas problems. Riggins, ID no longer has any wheat bread or lo carb options. This is all about balancing her blood sugars. Myself I can eat anything and be fine which I've had check my blood sugar and after two big cups of coffee with sugar I was a mere 107. McCall I just check with @Taz hes just a few miles from McCall and tells me what they have or don't have. Riggins, I'm typically in town working somewhere. 

In the mean time Russ called yesterday and told me he's got a full week of work piled up. I know what I'm doing for Monday. I'm going to take today off after driving most of the day yesterday to Lewiston, ID - Clarkston, WA. I'm happy to see Walmart isn't too bad most of all the products are there. Dry beans are gone, dry fruit is gone, canned beans are gone. 

One thing not affected by all this that I've found is herb shops (If you know what I mean). Still handling customers, prices still low and plenty of product. This is another requirement for Eileen being her pancreas is still having issues she uses a bit of herb to gain her hunger so she can eat and keep her blood sugar under control. Still waiting for Medicaid to give her the green light for more testing and get this fixed. Eileen's blood sugar plays a huge role in how she feels and how much energy she got. As long as we can keep her balanced she does pretty good. I know today she'll be tired from the long haul 250 miles to Lewiston and back.

As for yesterday I've got to fix a few programming issues on the inverter. Came home to the inverter errored out and shut down. I'll get the program fixed yet on the inverter. I'm also planning on working in my own shop today cleaning up and moving Eileen's storage back to the living quarters side and gain my small shop back for working in. If my job doesn't need a two post I'll work from home. 

Good Lord has gifted me with many things that I'm thankful for. I make sure to tell Eileen thank you for all the things she does for me. Being she is unemployed and fighting to get disability she has a hard time with me handling all the bills and her bills to boot. But that is what you do for people that you love. I know this only temporary. We are both being put through several trials... Good Lord gives providing a window to squeeze though every time, when the door slams shut. Just like the phone call from Russ "I've got jobs", going to Lewiston, We got the needed supplies for Eileen's diet, she providing a econo car (Hyundai Elantra) that is cutting more fuel cost but allowing us to get the needed supplies. 

Didnt know all that. Somehow it all works out.

If your ever in  bind I can run things up.

For now I may starve not be able to wipe my *** but I'll be ******* welding even if the lights go out

Edited by Evan
  • Thanks 1

• Owner

31 minutes ago, Evan said:

Didnt know all that.

That is the problem with people today we all got narrow sighted and thinking only of our own families which is fine but also think about how your choices affect other families. When we go shopping we don't spend every last penny on TP clearing a shelf off. Nope, we get what we need for the 1 week or 2 weeks most. 2 cans of this, 2 cans of that, 2 boxes of this and 2 boxes of that. I've got faith that Good Lord will provide us with what we need. In the same token you have to be sensible as well and not hoard products of any type. If you have extra anything share with other around you. Like yesterday knowing we were heading towards Lewiston I called my neighbors which are in their 80's. Asked if they needed anything? Like most of my energy is spent here at home making space for other to possibly escape the cities and craziness if needed. Like Eileen has 5 siblings, then 3 grand kids too. If anyone wants to take a chunk of yard to park a RV you more than welcome. The only thing I ask is everyone contributes to supplies and work. I'll share what resources I've got as well.

37 minutes ago, Evan said:

For now I may starve not be able to wipe my *** but I'll be ******* welding even if the lights go out

At this time I might not have a lot of food but I'll be still tending the website and turning wrenches even if the light go out. I'll share my bit of light, shelter, food and my knowledge so you can keep going! 

• Like 3

Made it home last night more like this morning. American Airlines cancelled for no good reason, we actually met some people at same resort that had that flight and none of them were happy about it. It's like worse time possible, hotels were starting to lose customers due to people leaving and none coming in, so they started closing resorts, some of them got merged with ours, but last day we were there, yesterday they were saying that they would probably close doors also. Some military personnel showed up last few days patrolling, it was becoming obvious they are getting ready for hard times. Guess it was a matter of time. We lucked out and got last seats for a cheap airline that's owned by Chicago airport I believe, Frontier. When we came in i was surprised not very many people had masks on, customs were pretty easy and nice for most part, which I did not expect. I guess we missed the whole 12 hour lines that happened a week before until governor said something to trump on Twitter or so I heard. Guess he told him if we keep people in long lines it's worse for spreading this garbage then if we keep people moving and on their way. So yhea feel good on getting home trouble free aside from evil swine American Airlines. They told us if you can make it to Puerto Rico we have a plain there, yeah I'll start swimming across ocean dragging a homemade raft with my family on it and others that got screwed by AA. 

Now the fun begins, wife was told she'll be working from home till farther notice, she does have an office job that makes it easier. So far I was told to stay home on Monday payed and they will let me know Monday what's next. I know for a fact I can't do my job from home and that my job can't do without me for a long time, taking a vacation was already stretching it. I got one guy there that's been coming in but he only knows basic stuff, guess I'll be telling him what to do step by step over the phone for now and see where that goes, luckily he makes decent money and I don't see him quitting fingers crossed.

It sounds like April is going to be worse yet looking at track record of other places that are a month ahead of us.

• Like 1

Here in the UK (which may not be on your list of important right now)  things are getting serious rather fast, we booked a pitch for 5th from april 15th to 19th, I got an email earlier saying ALL campsites in the UK now shut until further notice, pubs,bars, cafes, hotels, shut from last friday, shops now starting to shut of there own accord, government warning further measures if people don't stay inside

Im sure the US will follow suit like the other county’s, for it will probably get worse before it gets better. 

Around here it’s mostly vacation homes, I’m one of the very few that live here year around, in the winter we probably average less than 10 people per square mile. but lately, I have been getting calls to go plow peoples drives so they can escape the city’s and come up and un-board their vacation homes and hopefully escape the chaos, 

I just got back from town, spent 80.00 bucks at wal mart stocking up the RV, to head out on a week long very primitive camping trip while some relatives house sit our home. I’m just going to enjoy some cheap diesel prices ( 2.38 a gallon now and falling) and burn up some saved up vacation and sick days from work, I could probably ride it out for a few months If I had too but not going to get that drastic right now. I’m just going to get away from all the TV and internet chaos for now, Im sure it will be worse when we return but just going to enjoy the solitude while we can. 

• Like 2

• Staff
12 hours ago, Doubletrouble said:

They shut down Ohio as of midnight Monday night. They call it a "stay home order" rather than this shelter in place term I've been hearing.

Basically we can't go anywhere unless it's essential for food, prescription or other needed items. 

Shelter in place terminology sounds like the liberal BS. Like all that made up crap they feed you in college to make you think your smarter and more educated. Stay at home order is more like it, plain and simple. Even my dog knows what stay means.

Edited by JAG1
  • Like 1

• Staff

Looks like our sports has now gone virtual, since there can't be any crowds in the wake of the outbreak, with Fox broadcasting  NASCAR Pro Invitational IRacing Series from virtual Homestead-Miami speedway.  I can't wait for the virtual baseball season so I can have a virtual hot dog with my virtual beer.  I guess then we can go get the virtual toilet paper.

https://www.foxsports.com/nascar/video/1714445891581

• Haha 4

• Staff

Good song there Pepsi ! 

Ohio changing the term for their order was our governor's doing. He's been very to the point on all this. He holds a press conference everyday at 2pm to update the people. He has tried to avoid such an extreme order but people won't listen so he was forced to do it.

So far I'm satisfied, maybe even impressed with his actions. 

I feel a big part of the problem is the younger generations not taking anything seriously.