• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

How are y'all measuring out your 2 stroke dose?

I'm new to 2 stroke oil but I'm trying to come up with a good and efficient means of dosing it.  I've got a gallon jug in the tool box but would like to be able to accurately measure what I'm putting in.  Preferably a sealable container so it doesn't get contaminated throwing it back in the box.  What are y'all using?

P.S. getting a package from dap today.  Injectors going in this afternoon.

• Like 1

I bought 2 8 oz and 1 16 oz containers of the walmart 2-stroke oil.  I also bought a gallon jug of it.  If I fill up at 1/4 tank then I put in an 8 oz.  If I fill up at half then I put in the 16 oz.  If I fill up 3/4 then I put in an 8 oz and 16 oz.  If I run it empty then all of them go in.  Then i refill them from the gallon jug and keep them in the drivers side door pocket.

• Like 1

I have quart trans fluid bottles and just eye ball it. It is not a precision dosage, just get it close and if in doubt one more glug cant hurt. If I run bio diesel I will skip the 2 stroke. 5% bio is as good or better than the 2 stroke. The only thing with that is knowing whether you are getting at the pump. A 5% blend and below does not have to be labeled on the pump. I am sure I have run both at the same time over the years  with no ill effects.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, hdpwipmonkey said:

I bought 2 8 oz and 1 16 oz containers of the walmart 2-stroke oil.  I also bought a gallon jug of it.  If I fill up at 1/4 tank then I put in an 8 oz.  If I fill up at half then I put in the 16 oz.  If I fill up 3/4 then I put in an 8 oz and 16 oz.  If I run it empty then all of them go in.  Then i refill them from the gallon jug and keep them in the drivers side door pocket.

Exactly what I've done for years.  Works well for me.  I have more containers and keep them in the bed in a sealed ammo can.

Half a quart each fill, or at least one of the 2.6oz jugs you can buy in a pack and just toss one in and go- pretty convenient. Then when there all empty refill with your personal preference. 

4 hours ago, Marcus2000monster said:

I just dump lol.

Or this...:thumb1:

I just dump 2 gallons in at one time...but that's for the highly modified Yamahammer on the boat. ?  In the truck I have never put a drop of anything in the tank other than diesel.

The original VP is still going very strong at 205k and has been tapped for a long time...so I never saw the need to use it.  I can see the reason and logic behind using it and I'm not saying that you shouldn't use it.  Just saying that I haven't and have been very successful so far. 

It's my opinion that a rock solid lift pump (mechanical) constantly supplying never less than 15-20 lbs at any throttle setting is sufficient.  Besides, I fish a lot and already buy several gallons at a time.  So my 2-cycle oil budget is already blown out of the water...no pun intended. 

Edited by Bullet
  • Haha 1